Distorted Picture of the Week
Example of what you might see.
How to Play
1. Check the marquee in front of Knotts (click here for directions), and look for the Distorted Picture of the Week to display.
2. Once you think you have figured out what the Distorted Picture of the Week image is, text 304-519-0357 with your answer.
3. Check the marquee on Saturday to see if your answer was correct.
4. Repeat. You can guess once each week (Sunday-Friday).
BONUS: For an EXTRA hint to decipher the picture, come to Sunday Morning Worship, where a hint will be displayed.
1. The November 18th winner will win a turkey (or a Foodland Gift Card of equal value).
2. The December 23rd winner will win a ham (or a Foodland Gift Card of equal value).
How to Win
1. Each week that you correctly text an answer you will have one entry for a random drawing at the end of the game play.
1. Only one entry each week per phone number is permitted. If you text more than once, only the first answer will be counted.
2. Entrees will be accepted from Sunday to Friday EST.
3. Answers will be displayed on Saturday from 6am to 11pm.
4. For an EXTRA hint, come to Sunday Morning Worship at 10 am. This hint can be used to help you decipher what the picture actually is, before submitting your answer. NOTE: This is NOT required to play, it will just increase your chance of a correct answer.
5. Game play is open to ANYONE who is able to 1) check the marquee for the Distorted Picture of the Week image, 2) text the answer and 3) meet in Grantsville, WV to collect the prize.
6. Game Officiant and immediate household is ineligible for game play.
7. All submitted answers are at the discretion of the Game Officiant. For example if the picture is of the "Nativity scene" and someone submits an answer of "barn."
8. Each correct answer will be one entry for the game play prize. For example, if you correctly submit answers during three weeks of game play, you will have three chances to win.
9. The winner will be selected by random drawing. Each correct entry will be assigned a number 1-(total # of correct entries). The winner will be selected from that using Random.org
10. If there is no response from the selected winner within 24 hours to collect the prize in a reasonable amount of time, another random drawing will take place to select a new winner.
11. The name of the winner must be submitted to the Game Officiant and Knotts Memorial UMC.
12. By playing you agree that you give permission for the Game Officiant and Knotts Memorial UMC to publish your name as the winner.
13. By playing you give permission for the Game Officiant and Knotts Memorial UMC to text/contact you.
14. This is for fun, so enjoy playing our Distorted Picture of the Week game!
There will be two game plays this year:
1. October 15th- November 17th. This will be a 5 week game play, giving the possibility of 5 entries into the drawing. The winner will be selected on November 18th.
2. November 26th- December 22nd. This will be a 4 week game play, giving the possibility of 4 entries into the drawing. The winner will be selected on December 23rd.
There is evil lurking around every corner. Evil that will tempt and deceive us at any given chance. Evil such as that shown in Genesis 3:4-5. This is why we must know the bible and have a close relationship with God, allowing us to decipher the truth a little easier.
††† Knotts Memorial's Mission statement is to share our common
belief in our Lord and Savior with everyone, through education,
worship and outreach as Disciples of Christ †††